Administrative Assistant - Intermediate
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is looking for Administrative Assistant. After reading the job info below, if interested, email an updated resume (in Word format).
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Austin, TX
This Administrative Assistant position is a great opportunity for an individual seeking a flexible work schedule. The Assistant will need to work each weekday, but the number of hours each day may vary based on time sensitivities associated with tasks.
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President, Government Affairs, the Assistant provides executive administrative support in a one-on-one working relationship. Key components of the job include managing a very busy executive calendar, organizing meetings, maintaining documentation, and managing expenses and travel. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and strong interpersonal skills for interaction with government officials, their staffs, and multiple internal departments and employees.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Scheduling—fully manage the very active calendar of the AVP, including setting up meetings and conference calls with numerous participants and government officials; book and manage limited travel.
• General administrative tasks—composing and preparing basic correspondence (some of which may be confidential); preparing expense reports; compiling documents for numerous meetings; and, maintaining documents/files in organized manner.
• Prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and following through on projects to successful completion.
• Maintaining discretion and confidentiality in all work projects and interactions.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous experience supporting executives
• Experience in prioritizing and managing time, with the ability to accurately handle several projects simultaneously
• Professional, self-starter and able to work independently
• Outstanding work ethic and a high level of confidentiality, as well as the ability to make sound decisions on behalf of the executive
• Customer-oriented and possess effective and sound written/oral communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of standard PC applications, including presentation software and intranet/internet usage
• A work location with reliable internet service, telephone network, minimal distraction and lockable storage; a computer and telephone for business use only will be provided
Some higher education experience is preferred.
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today! To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay Rate is based on experience.