Sr. WIndows Systems Admin
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
SR. WINDOWS SYSTEMS ADMIN
In this role, you’ll help build the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in their field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s.
Position will be part of team supporting local and remote server and storage infrastructure in a complex Windows/Linux Server environment. The position will be charged with the design, planning, execution and support of complex technology solutions throughout the company.
- Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012 R2 Server operating systems
- Windows server and data migration experience
- VMware vSphere v5.x -- v6.x
- Migration experience
- P2V, V2V and guest VM / SAN LUN migration
- Cisco UCS provisioning and management
- EMC VNX platform storage provisioning and management
- Knowledge and experience around other storage platforms with a focus upon data migration projects – Oracle Pillar, Legacy EMC Celera, Overland, etc.
- CommVault or Similar backup solutions along with EMC DataDomain infrastructure management
- Job monitoring and alerting
- Restore and offsite DR / retention planning and coordination
- SAN fibre switch zoning and topography management / reporting
- Troubleshooting connection and performance issues
- Storage performance analysis and optimization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 7 years' experience with server administration of VMware 6.0, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Experience with 100+ VMware ESX hosts or 500+ physical and/or virtual servers a plus.
- Experience with designing and implementing Active Directory and related services DNS, WINS, DHCP, FRS, and DFS.
- Experience in a multi-domain environment, preferably with global sites across WAN connections.
- Experience with large Cisco UCS environments (200+ blades).
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve all AD replication issues and logon problems. W2K8 R2 or later.
- Ability to troubleshoot multiple VMware vCenters.
- Experience designing, implementing and testing physical and virtual system disaster recovery solutions.
- Ability to make design decisions on leveraging storage in the VMWare environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write and update concise and logical technical documentation, including, but not limited to; diagrams, charts, specifications and design models.
- Ability to communicate at an executive level and articulate business value of technical solutions.
- Ability to work with team members, at all levels, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Ability to make strategic hardware and software recommendations.
- Experience supporting VDI and Terminal Services.
- Designing and implementing Microsoft Clustering and load balancing.
- Microsoft, VMWare, and/or SAN Storage certifications a plus.
- MCSA, MCSE, MCSD, or another certifications a plus
- Preferred experience with Windows server infrastructure and specifically system and application service management and implementation as well as CIFS or NFS file system / file share access and support.
- Preferred experience with Windows Active Directory implemented server systems and associated domain membership, computer, service and user account and permissions interactivity.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer!