SOFTWARE SYS ENG Manager CHIEF
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Crew Mission System Mid Software Developer
Volt is seeking a Mid-level software engineer with C++ programming experience. This person will help develop/enhance the Crew Mission System software. The Crew Mission System has been developed as an Open System Architecture to quickly add capabilities to the Army Aviation helicopters. It has been developed solely within the government funded team and initial prototype was well received by the Army. This system provides information to the crew chief that has not been available in the past. It is a fast-paced team focused on the Soldier and giving them more capabilities rapidly.
Software team member responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Architecture & Software Lead, design documentation
- Software development to improve and 'harden' our present capabilities
- Requirements trace and improved system performance.
- Position involves comprehensive knowledge of software development (C++ preferred).
- Direct experience with army aviation equipment considered a plus along with knowledge of FACE (Future Airborne Capability Environment).
- Successful candidate must possess a SECRET clearance and 10-15 years of related experience.
EDUCATION: The successful candidate will have BS in electrical, computer science, or system engineering (with SW focus).
- The successful candidate will have 10-15 years software development experience.
- Must have strong skills in C, or C++ programming languages.
- Avionics experience is a definite plus (either Army avionics or FAA (DO 178).
- Preference to have FACE knowledge, Real Time Operating System (RTOS) experience and Rational Rhapsody Architect tool familiarity.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, capable of multi-tasking, and have initiative to attack and solve problems with minimum supervision.
This is a contingent/temporary position offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.