|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||$0.00 - $100,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Electrical Engineer – Bauxite, AR
This position exists to provide safe and economical engineering solutions for the operation’s production and maintenance departments. Also, assist in providing safe and economical solutions to plant problems. The incumbent will be required to maintain an active program to keep abreast of newest technological developments in the electrical field. To provide electrical engineering services with a focus that is consistent with the location’s objectives to achieve zero injuries and zero non-compliance. Applies electrical engineering principles to power and control systems by using data and engineering solutions to improve equipment reliability plant wide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs electrical engineering design within Huber engineering standards .
• Manages electrical projects by providing oversight of CAD designs; selection of materials; preparation of the construction job packages; programming and start up support. Utilizes other approved computer software as necessary for project design.
• Performs electrical engineering support for programming, documentation and trouble shooting of Modicon PLC, Honeywell DCS, instrumentation hardware and other control systems.
• Provides new equipment operating and maintenance documentation to maintenance and production and ensures documentation is archived in the Technical Library.
• Ensures that new or modified process control system conforms to Huber’s MMSR (Change Management) protocols.
• Provides training to supervisors, operators and plant electricians for electrical control system upgrades.
• Provides timely solutions for small process and equipment change requests (FCCR and PCCR).
• Provides electrical engineering consultation and collaboration to assist process engineers in improving capacity, increasing production rates and ensuring that equipment reliability principles are used in the design.
• Works with electrical supervisor to revise drawings and improve designs, and develop trouble shooting procedures.
• Participates in Kaizen improvements and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) studies to improve equipment reliability, reduce failures, improve equipment operation and reduce cost.
• Must have a broad understanding and capability to design within high voltage power systems, low voltage power systems, electrical safety, and process control hardware and data hi-way systems.
• Responsible for ensuring that all safety and environmental standards and policies are followed when designing equipment or making process changes.
• Development of project scopes in concert with production personnel and other engineering disciplines, development of P&ID’s, estimating cost for a project either internally or by getting contractor bids, writing justifications, interacting with outside engineering design firms, overseeing contractor or in-plant construction work and safety, assisting in start-ups and training, and managing the project expenditures.
This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering and 7-15 years of related experience and/or training. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contract Management systems; Database software; Design software; Development software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.