|Pay Rate:||$20.00 - $25.00 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Staff Accountant Needed!
Responsible for supporting the accounting and financial maintenance and reporting processes and systems to ensure accurate and timely information and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support all accounting and finance functions for manufacturing as it relates to product, raw materials, and manufacturing methods for costing and reporting purposes. May include systems, reconciliations, physical inventory and cycle counts.
- Provide support to the daily accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly journal entries, journal entry log and files.
- Enter fixed asset additions/changes into property sub-ledger.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly accruals and corporate allocations.
- May prepare monthly GL account analyses.
- Perform journal entries and spreadsheet preparation.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and enter daily cash receipts.
- Inventory account reconciliations.
- Assists in the maintenance of accounting controls.
- Assists with the accurate and timely close of monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Work adhering to European, US, Canadian and other regulatory and Quality System requirements (ISO, CFR, SOR, MDD, etc).
- This position assumes and performs other ad-hoc reports and responsibilities as assigned to meet accounting and organizational goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform accounting and finance processes, possess a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and attention to detail satisfactorily. PC proficiency, ten key by touch, ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance degree from four-year college or university; and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pay $20-$25/hr DOE
VOLT is an equal opportunity employer.