Embedded Software Controls Engineer
Cedar Falls, IA
|Location:||Cedar Falls, IA|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
Capitalizing on knowledge and innovation, comprehensive resources, and technology, Volt provides top talent to the many thousands of clients across the globe. Over 60 years of unwavering focus on the issues of workforce management have gained us a reputation of being one of the most knowledgeable and accomplished strategic workforce partners in business for clients and candidates alike.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking an Embedded Software Controls Engineer to work onsite at our client's facility located in Waterloo, IA.
As an Embedded Software Controls Engineer, you will design, develop, test, and document embedded software for electromechanical/electrohydraulic subsystems for agricultural equipment projects. In addition, you will:
- Create and develop software per our client's Software Development Process.
- Participate in control system design and analysis.
- Participate functional/subsystem design/test requirement reviews and document results.
- Verify that subsystem meets requirements, through a combination of virtual and hardware based testing including; desktop, bench, vehicle simulator testing.
- Analyze current production/experimental issues, develop an understanding of the root cause and create appropriate action plans to resolve these issues.
- Provide technical support during system field-testing activities on an as needed basis.
- Provide necessary design documentation to support development of service publications.
What It Takes: We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Ag Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field.
We also require:
- Experience working in mechatronics; this includes a solid understanding of electrical and electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Subsystem design, software development, and electronic circuit design and analysis experience.
- Experience with C/C++ programming language and software development tools for embedded microcontrollers in mobile applications.
- Control system experience preferably related to propulsion systems.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems.
- Experience with control systems design and analysis.
- Some product engineering experience.***This position is located in Waterloo, IA. Candidates must be able to relocate to this location at their own expense.***
Submit your resume today!
Contact Erica at 515-346-3152 for immediate consideration.
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position listed here, please be sure to go to http://jobs.volt.com to see the other positions we have available that you may qualify for.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer