Chapel Hill, NC
|Location:||Chapel Hill, NC|
|Category:||Marketing & Sales|
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||$45,000.00 - $50,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Sales/Business Development Professional
Volt has been a leader in the Staffing Industry for 60 years and currently has more than 100 branches nationwide to serve both our clients' and candidates' needs. We connect office professionals with leading employers in the area. Whether you are looking for a contract/temporary position or a direct hire, we are here to serve you. Find out more about us by visiting www.volt.com.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Client is expanding its sales force. We are looking for high-performing, results-oriented sales professionals who can work well in a dynamic inside-outside sales role serving executive-level customers in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, and Diagnostics sector. If you want to work in a fast-growing company that is pay-for-performance driven, then this may be a great opportunity for you.
Our sales professionals work with mid-level to senior executives in the health sector. We’re seeking experienced professionals who can develop new business and interact confidently with executives on commercial, clinical and technical topics. Winning candidates must be comfortable promoting high-value services and analytical products.
A Winning Candidate will have:
- Demonstrated success selling research, consulting or professional services preferably to marketing, sales, medical or clinical executives
- Experience serving the healthcare manufacturing sector
- 3-5+ years of sales experience
- A resilient, “get-it-done” personality
- Comfort in relationship development
- Highly competitive, team oriented, keen desire to succeed
- Structured approach to business development
- Business acumen enabling broad-reaching business discussions with customers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and grow your target accounts
- 80% of business development time conducted through phone, e-channels and online demonstrations
- 10-20% of business development requires travel to client headquarters and sites
- Ability to sustain high-volume client outreach via telephone and e-communications
- Serve clients, seek favorable introductions within existing accounts, develop new business and retain existing clients
- Able to work in fast-paced, self directed entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication and business writing skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Strong time-management skills and structured work approaches
- Highly motivated and self starter
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or higher preferred
- Background and/or experience with medical, clinical or marketing sciences topics
- Academic background in biology, chemistry, English/philosophy, economics or other rigorous field of study
- Comfort in self-paced learning
- Experience with account management skills