Human Resources Representative
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. We are a Six Sigma company that also offers many direct hire, full-time positions.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently looking to hire an HR Representative (OES) for our client in the industrial automation industry, located in Mayfield Heights, OH. This is an approx. 6 months contract with the potential to turn into a fulltime position for the right candidate.
This position supports a variety of Human Resources activities for the Engineering Services, Quality and Manufacturing Services groups within OES including talent acquisition, talent management, performance management compensation and benefits, employee relations, and compliance initiatives. This role will provide primary operational/day-to-day support for the managers and employees. The position requires team participation and interfaces with all levels of the organization.
- Conduct interviews and assessments of candidates to fill open positions. Represent the company at career fairs, campus and student organizations, and other recruitment avenues.
- Interface with the Talent Acquisition recruiters and hiring managers regarding job openings. Partner with recruiters, hiring managers and HR Manager to find the right candidates and propose offers.
- Lead applicant tracking process, including contract labor; confirms completion of background checks; confirms orientation with candidates and schedules orientations (first day readiness); facilitates new hire paperwork completion and indoctrination compliance.
- Assist with pay administration details and pay practices to ensure job offers are made properly and that employees are paid correctly. Coordinate and communicate with managers and HR Manager on various compensation issues.
- Partner with managers to assist in creation of job descriptions.
- Manage all employee-related transactions in systems of recordkeeping such as BrassRing, SAP or EmployeeConnect.
- Assist in the management of projects related to assessing and developing talent and succession plans and building early career pipeline.
- Facilitate compliance activities for designated sites such as AAP, ethics and security training.
- Assist employees with benefits related questions. Coordinate and ensure compliance of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Short Term Disability (STD), and ADA. Work with case managers of STD cases and return to work program
- Exhibit sound judgment and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential situations and information; help maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Answer policy and process questions to managers and employees directly as required.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures and apply in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience in a human generalist role with strong knowledge of process management.
- Participation in Leadership Development Program
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Working knowledge of HR module of SAP
- Self-starter with sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at varying levels
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly confidential environment
- Basic working knowledge of employment law matters
10% domestic travel