Cybersecurity Developer - Clearance
Colorado Springs, CO
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Are you looking for a challenging Cyber Security role? Do you have experience working in the Defense and Aerospace industries? Are you able to travel within the U.S.? If so, then you may be the candidate we are looking for!
We are seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to work with our client, a worldwide leader in the Defense and Cyber Markets. The successful candidate will work from
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for 12 months in Colorado Springs, CO. The Host Based Security System (HBSS) Engineer will be involved in the entire System Development Life-cycle for this Cyber technology. The candidate in this position MUST HAVE security engineering skills with a working knowledge of Cyber security. The successful individual will be responsible for the design, architecture, development, integration, unit test, installation, configuration, integration, deployment and maintenance including host agents and policies to enforce host-based security on system servers/work stations. The candidate will also perform regular required reporting, monitor applicable security resources for updated requirements and compliance directions.
Up to 50% of responsibilities will be performed at the Missile Defense Agency's Integration and Operations Center (MDIOC). Travel is required between Colorado Springs, Huntsville, and operational C2BMC sites to support meetings and work with distributed sites and personnel.
- Applicants selected must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- 9 or more years of Cyber Security experience
- Experience with development, integration and deployment of HBSS including ePO and Win/RHEL Point Products
- Security engineering skills with a working knowledge of Cybersecurity
- Experience with both Windows and RHEL admin experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required with a demonstrated ability to support complex organizational relationships
- Experience in security architecture design, Security Audit tools, security requirements generation, security testing, and hardening workstations and servers
- User/real-world experience with HBSS, ePO and Windows/RHEL Point Products
- Experience resolving upgrading major versions of HBSS including: compatibility issues, applying patches, STIG configurations, enforcing policies, troubleshooting anomalies, deploying agents and general tool maintenance.
- Excellent technical document preparation skills and verbal communications are required for presentation of technical information assurance issues and reports to senior government and military officials
- Network design and software engineering backgrounds are a plus.
- VM integration experience is (highly desired)
This is an estimated twelve (12) month temporary position in Colorado Springs, CO that is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position. Position is subject to U.S. Government Contractor hiring eligibility requirements. No third party vendors. Pay is commensurate with experience.
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.