Network Security Engineer - Clearance
Colorado Springs, CO
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Are you a Network Engineer with certifications that are DoDI 8570 compliant? Are you looking a for a contract longer than 6 months? Are you seeking a role that will challenge and expand your networking skills? If so, then you may be the candidate we are looking for!
The Network Defender (NetD) is responsible for implementing and enforcing national DoD (8500.2, 5200.2-R, etc.) and Missile Defense Agency security policies and directives. The NetD:
- Oversees intrusion detection, boundary protection and vulnerability assessment operations to defend the C2BMC component of the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Network (BMD COMNET) and C2BMC mission systems and services.
- Develops a network defense visibility display and directs/executes time sensitive adjustments to the network security posture to minimize or counter operational risk
- Collects, stores and presents data and metrics for use by senior leaders to conduct Operational Risk Management (ORM) decisions on the network security posture and perform proactive security functions established to assist BMD organizations in deterring, detecting, isolating, containing, and recovering from information system (IS) and network security intrusions and mitigating known network vulnerabilities
- Operates and administers the BMD provided IA/CND suite including firewalls, correlated log analysis, intruder alert and related services to protect BMD COMNET infrastructure and information services from internal and external threats.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
** Position requires 24x7 shift work – The selected candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements. Some rotational substitution is required during off-shifts including nights and weekends. The succuessful candidate will be required to support 24x7 operations at CMAFS.
Technical Skill Required
- Applicants selected must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience and education with 5 years of professional experience
- Sound knowledge of and practical experience in the usage of an array of network and information security tools
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, client/server, LAN/WAN and Network concepts, modern network management and monitoring concepts
- Ability to recognize known worms/viruses based on their signatures
- Ability to recognize network intrusion events and to differentiate false positives
- Ability to recognize successful intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event logs and other detailed information
- Knowledge of hardware (Routers, CSU/DSU, bridges, multiplexers, servers and switches configuration) Previous experience in the monitoring/management of intrusion detection systems and firewall devices, to include SideWinder, ArcSight, HBSS and/or Tripwire
- Experience securing network gear against known vulnerabilities
- Certified Ethical Hacker certification
- Unix and/or Microsoft operation system training
This is an estimated twelve month (12) temporary position in Colorado Springs, CO that is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position. Position is subject to U.S. Government Contractor hiring eligibility requirements. No third party vendors. Pay is commensurate with experience.
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.