PC layout coordinator
Colorado Springs, CO
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is looking for a PCB Coordinator for an industry leader in their Colorado Springs location.
Coordinate and support all aspects of PC board layout of our networking troubleshooting Printed Circuit boards designs. Negotiate and meet all project manager schedules for PCA development. Work with third party contractors for Cadence Allegro placement and routing of parts for new and existing PCAs. Maintain Cadence physical and electrical part databases overseeing quality control for all new parts built or purchased. Maintain Cadence tool chain changes and upgrades as needed for seem less use of Engineering electrical tools and layout tools for interfacing with third party layout contractors. Interact closely with electrical design engineers coordinate input high speed design constraints for routing of interconnects and other manual placements and adjustments as necessary.
Format to meet our drawing standards and release all CAD data for PCB build into our PLM system Arena.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and own PCB layout schedule, resources, and timing of new product PCB designs coordinating with project manager.
- Manage 3rd party resources for part placement and routing of new product PCB design to meet schedule.
- Own and track progress of 3rd party resources to meet commitments to project manager of schedule.
- Own the quality of the final PCB design by adjusting/fixing part any layout design issues needed to improve quality.
- Manage new component setup requirements working with Component engineer and Electrical engineer for all new parts symbols and foot prints.
- Own design of initial mechanical PCB outlines and defines for all external connections by interfacing with ME and defining electrical and physical keep-outs prior to releasing the package to contractors.
- Document and Implement board review and checklist before placement and routing starts.
- Document and implement a package review process on all designs that are submitted to Arena with lead engineer.
- Interface with project coordinator and use document control system to complete design documentation releases.
- Continually organize classes for engineers on best practices in schematic constraints both electrical and physical including DFM.
- Ability to multitask several designs at once.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up with low error rates
- Must work with 3rd party contractors for placement and routing.
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- A strong desire and commitment to do whatever is necessary to support board level development.
- Solid computer, excellent organizational and strong communication skills.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS REQUIRED:
Significance experience with Cadence Allegro layout CAD system and using high speed routing constraints as well as PCB symbol and footprint model creation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of 5 years practical technical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer