Sr Systems Engineer II
Colorado Springs, CO
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer II for a position we have open in Colorado Springs, CO. Individual will be responsible for full life cycle engineering on state of the art environmental, commercial and sensing systems for government and commercial applications. We are looking for a talented engineer to join our Product Test Team. The roles and responsibilities for this position are as follows:
• Create test procedures step by step instructions within the automated test framework using Gherkin/Cucumber for java, Eggplant and python scripts.
• Peer Reviews of test scripts and test procedures against system level requirements and derived verification requirements to check for completeness and correctness
• Requirement decomposition into testable derived verification requirements
• Analysis of requirement verification plans to create test procedures in both automated and manual environment
• Create automated test orchestration scripts to integrate with continuous build systems such as Jenkins and Rational Quality Management (RQM)
• Create automated interface sequences to check for thread continuity within the automated test framework
• Create automated Day In The Life Testing within the automated test framework
• Create automated Regression Testing within the automated test framework
• Providing guidance and mentoring on tools and scripting such as Eggplant, Jenkins, RQM, Cucumber/Gherkin, DOORs and python
• Script and tool development for testing of the platform.
• Troubleshoot, issue investigation and root cause and corrective action determination to address integration issue and create Deficiency Reports (DR)
• Identify and document best practices and training aids
• Dry Run and formal execution of test procedure and script in operational representative environment
W2 Only / No Corp to Corp
VOLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidates will have the following education/experience:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related scientific discipline. Additional 8 years of directly related testing experience can be substituted for a degree (total of 14+ years of applicable test experience)
Ideally a Bachelor degree and 6 years of engineering testing experience is requested
• System or Sub-system Test Engineering experience showing compliance to SSS or SSDD level requirements
• Previous automation or scripting experience using languages such as Java, Python, PERL
• Previous experience designing and developing automation frameworks
• Ability to support engineering team members in the use of engineering tools
• Ability to multi-task, to support multiple customers, and to work within specific schedule and cost constraints
• Possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal/written communication skills
• Strong teamwork skills – The ability to interact productively with end users, analysts, other personnel, and customers in a diverse team setting
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• Experience with at least one of the following: Eggplant, Cucumber, Jenkins, Chef
• Experience in Agile / Scrum, Continuous Integration or DevOps Environments
• Software or Systems Engineering Integration expertise
• Safety Critical or CNS/ATM System or Software program experience
• Tool Qualification or Accreditation experience
• Minimal travel anticipated
• Must be willing to work rotating shift assignments (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd)
NOTE: Applicants selected must have ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.