Colorado Springs, CO
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Do you have engineering experience with experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design? Do you have experience working with ballistic missile systems? If so, then you may be the candidate we are looking for!
We are seeking a candidate to work with our client, a global leader in the Defense and Cyber Markets, as the X-Lab Engineer. The X-Lab is a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will perform as an individual contributor or team lead for advanced concepts development projects to define, implement, evaluate and evolve advanced Missile Defense command and control capabilities. The candidate in this position will be responsible for:
- Defining Operations Concepts
- Designing prototype capabilities
- Guiding prototype implementation
- Designing experiments and test strategies
- Analyzing results and applying results to guide prototype evolution into C2BMC production system Support advanced concept demonstrations during live and simulated MDA test events
- Work with senior C2BMC technical leaders to evolve advanced Missile Defense command and control capabilities
Additionally, the candidate may travel to the secondary location in Colorado Springs may be required.
(The primary work location is at the Missile Defense Integration and Operations Center (MDIOC) at Schriever AFB with secondary location at Federal Drive in Colorado Springs, CO (30.3 miles))
- Applicants selected must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- 3-5 years of experience in a related engineering environment with experience and expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, and knowledge of various phases of project/product development
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science, Physics, Engineering or related
- Ability to analyze high level needs and through a structured and logical approach refine the need into an integrated set of requirements that leads to a fielded product
- Ability to lead portions of the activity and direct the activities of associate engineers
- Ability to write and implement engineering plans within a project
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings
- General Systems Engineering concepts and processes
- Understanding of the physics and mechanics of powered and ballistic missile flight
- Understanding systems engineering, systems design and development
- UML Modeling and Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Experience with track correlation, track fusion, orbital mechanics
- Software development experience, preferably in Java
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and optimal estimation techniques
- Experience with C2BMC and knowledge of other BMDS elements including AN/TPY-2, Aegis, THAAD, Patriot and SBX
This is an estimated twelve (12) month temporary position in Colorado Springs, CO that is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position. Position is subject to U.S. Government Contractor hiring eligibility requirements. No third party vendors. Pay is commensurate with experience.
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.