Staffing - Electrical Engineer I
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Job Posting Title: Electrical Engineer
Volt is looking for Electrical Engineer to work with our client located in Corning, NY. Our client provides software and services to education, financial services, and public sector organizations.
Scope of Position:
- Early stage development of innovative wireless communications systems and wireless sensors utilizing cellular networks and related technologies
- Coordination of development efforts with a personal focus on system setup, experimental testing, and data analysis
- Demonstration of new technologies leveraging collaboration with third parties
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- RF / wireless system assembly and related performance verification testing
- Circuit design, PCB layout, antenna selection, and hands-on assembly
- Define, order, and procure materials, components, circuits, and systems
- Documentation of test procedures, experiment plans, and process changes
- Analyze test data and documentation of technical internal reports
- Improve existing laboratory processes capabilities and equipment
- Document new processes and provide related cross training
- Benchmark existing technologies to identify potential business opportunities
- Failure analysis and root cause identification for components, circuits, and systems
- Participate in teams to solve problems and improve processes using structured problem solving methods and statistical tools such as KT, DOEs, etc.
- Coordinate third parties suppliers to drive completion of project goals
- Measure and communicate performance against established objectives
- Communicate results to the project team in both oral and written forms
- Participate in team meetings in support of department objectives
- Participate in periodic project reviews
- Up to 15% travel depending on the project
Required Education and Years/Area of Experience:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Communications course work
- Relevant RF / Wireless experience including design, assembly, and test
- 5 years’ experience preferred
- Hands-on design and assembly of RF / Wireless circuits, systems, & networks
- Experience with RF / Wireless test equipment, set-up, testing, & validation
- Understanding of Cellular Technologies (3G, 4G, WIFI, Bluetooth)
- Committed to drive for results with minimal supervision
- Communicates effectively (oral & written) to technicians, engineers, scientists, and management
- Analytical skills
- Programming capabilities
- Antenna design and performance knowledge
- Knowledge of RF simulation tools and numerical computation software
- Optical assembly, test, measurement, and system knowledge
- Organized with good planning and time management skills
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively within cross functional groups
- Positive attitude, flexible, proactive, and committed work ethic
- Scientific curiosity and innovative
PPE: Standard PPE will be provided with the exception of Rx Safety Glasses
Manager Must Haves:
- Hands-on RF / Wireless circuit and system assembly / verification
- Ability to perform documentation of test procedures, experiment plans, and process changes
- Experience with RF / Wireless test equipment
- Travel will be to North Carolina
This is an estimated 12+ Months position in Corning, NY and is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt is a world-class leader in the staffing services marketplace. Volt provides Contingent Staffing, Contingent-to-Hire, and Managed Service Programs to a variety of companies, including the Fortune 1000. Volt supplies workforce design solutions in Engineering, Information Technology, Scientific, Technical/Professional and other disciplines.
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.