Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is looking for a GIS Specialist to work with one of our client in Santa Clara, CA, who makes manufactures and sells consumer electronics products and computer software.
This is an estimated 6 Months contract position in Santa Clara, CA and is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt is a world-class leader in the staffing services marketplace. Volt provides Contingent Staffing, Contingent-to-Hire, and Managed Service Programs to a variety of companies, including the Fortune 1000. Volt supplies workforce design solutions in Engineering, Information Technology, Scientific, Technical/Professional, and other disciplines.
Are you a GIS Specialist with 4+ years’ experience in the geospatial field and GIS tools experience with ArcGIS, Q-GIS / Quantum GIS, PostgreSQL ?
If so we would like to hear from you and consider applying today. Thank you !
Maps is seeking a GIS Specialist as the primary technical role on an innovative Maps project. The ideal candidate will have education and professional experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), spatial data theory, and mapping processes; development of technical project specifications and workflows; spatial statistics; and project management. Detail-oriented and strong communicator with leadership skills is critical.
- 4+ years’ experience of relevant industry experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
- Expertise in geographic data editing and analysis
- Strong analytical skills and interpretation of results, capable of making data driven decisions
- Ability to understand, develop, and articulate complex workflows and processes
- Experience with GIS software such as ArcGIS, Quantum GIS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Strong leadership skills; ability to direct small teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and often regarding project status
- Experience in evaluating and maintaining data quality and accuracy
- Results oriented
- Ability to work both in a team and independently when required
Description of Duties
- Disseminate and enforce project scope, workflow, and editing policy to editing team
- Ensure quality of project product through established QA practices
- Provide on-going support to team members - point of contact for editors
- Execute the project lifecycle
- Work cross-functionally to complete project tasks
- Serve as project Subject Matter Expert (SME); provide project expertise to dependent teams including Training, Operations, QA
- Drive project process development and refinement
- BA/BS in GIS, Geography, or other related field; Master’s a plus
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.