Facilities Mechanical Engineer
East Moline, IL
|Location:||East Moline, IL|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt is looking for a Facilities Mechanical Engineer to work on-site with our customer in East Moline, IL on assignment in a manufacturing and agriculture environment. As a Facility Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, you will have the primary responsibility to provide Project Management and Mechanical Engineering technical support related to the implementation of facilities infrastructure projects primarily at manufacturing facilities in the Quad Cities as well as other facilities within the US geography.
- Provide Project Management using project management processes aligned with the Project Management Institute for small to medium scope facility infrastructure projects including machine tools, production equipment, and other processes that support manufacturing and/or distribution operations.
- Project management responsibilities include cost, schedule, and quality control.
- Provide technical guidance and coordinate with the work of internal technical resources, external design professionals, and construction contractors from concept through implementation for your own projects or in support of other project managers.
- Perform analysis of facility mechanical systems, make design decisions, and provide proposals for solutions to facility engineering issues at multiple factories.
- Communicate and ensure a collaborative environment with high performance teamwork with Unit leadership, Manufacturing Engineering, facilities staff, consultants, and contractors.
- Provide life, safety and building code analysis on facilities projects and support and implement programs within the organization to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of potential environmental, safety, ergonomic and health hazards.
- Coordinate with internal Supply Management to develop project sourcing strategy and research market for qualified suppliers of materials and services.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for management approval.
We are looking for a mechanical engineer with facilities project management experience (capital projects, project management, installation and/or replacement of entire building systems, building additions, new buildings).
**This is NOT a facilities management position**
- Candidates must have a Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Project Management experience.
- An excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment.
- Minimal travel may be required within the US to other facilities.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer