Eden Prairie, MN
|Location:||Eden Prairie, MN|
|Pay Rate:||$24.00 - $26.44 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Technical Resources is looking for an Engineering Technician for our client in Eden Prairie. This is a fantastic opportunity for the candidate to learn the ropes and eventually move up take over the entire lab.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Engineering Director or designate, provides product evaluation and supporting information for specified projects. Maintains lab equipment and is responsible for all procedures in the lab facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintains Engineering lab area and ensures test equipment is in good functional order including calibration when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining lab facilities ensuring all safety regulations & policies are adhered to.
- Analyze and define methods and processes for evaluating new and existing products.Perform tests per specified directions and or procedures.Assists Engineering staff with testing as requested including validation testing.Conducts lab testing.
- Reports and documents test results as specified.
- Provides project status & risk assessments to engineering personnel
- Completes all required documentation for lab requests
- Fabricate prototypes and test equipment as required.Assist in the selection, acquisition and set-up of new test equipment.
- Assists in the development and implementation of test standards, Maintains documentation system for test standards.
- Schedules lab work based on engineering priorities in order to meet effective timing.
- Ensures company quality system procedures are followed as they related to specific job function.
- Maintains adequate levels of technical proficiency in subjects relevant to their scope of work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Print reading and interpretation
- Basic electrical/Mechanical
- Microsoft Office tools
- A.S. Engineering Technology Degree or equivalent
- 1 year technical experience within an engineering environment
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to understand, execute and document tests.
- Experience operating vibration shaker testing equipment and environmental chambers.
- Comfortable using hand and power tools to fabricate test fixtures and equipment.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer