El Cajon, CA
|Location:||El Cajon, CA|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Position: Inside Sales Representative Dept./Organization: Inside Sales
Report to: Inside Sales Manager
Salary Grade: $17-$19 DOE
Job Summary Gathers information from customers to prepare quote(s) and/or order(s). Delivers quality customer service to clients, outside sales representatives, and all company employees.
- Interact with customers via phone, email or fax to facilitate a variety of customer sales or service issues, including providing quotes, processing orders and product returns.
- Respond to questions regarding product options and proper connector applications as applicable.
- Research and calculate product pricing and delivery time per customer’s inquiries.
- Prepare quotes/proposals and deliver to customer via fax, email or US mail.
- Receive, enter, and process customer orders.
- Maintain customer information in Macola (MRP).
- Interact with outside sales representatives, and all employees on an ongoing basis.
-Be cognizant of Company’s ISO 9001-2008 QMS policy and procedures; their relevance and importance in daily activities and strive to continually contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives.
-Perform other duties, as assigned by management.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years related inside sales experience with a basic working knowledge of connecting systems desirable.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to calculate required material lengths and volume, as well as any product discounts, interest or commission that may apply.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints desirable.
- Working experience in a manufacturing environment or in the marine, oil & gas industry preferred.
- Technical sales experience, preferred.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to operate office equipment, computers, printers, scanners, fax, copiers, etc.
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Flexibility to work extended hours, when needed.
*Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer