Elk Grove, CA
|Location:||Elk Grove, CA|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt has a great opportunity for an entry level Mechanical Engineer to work with our client, a large electronics manufacturing company located in Elk Grove, CA. This role will be a Quality Engineer role providing Data Analysis and Reporting for production activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Put together high level RCFAs in reports to help support over and under rejections that may be happening on the production line.
- Identify unsafe operations or practices and report them to the Supervisors in-charge immediately.
- Provide engineering support to production and perform maintenance activities to ensure maximum production.
- Evaluate current production activities and make recommendations for improvements to Quality.
- Provides training and guidance to team members to help improve the Quality team as a whole.
- Develop best practices to improve production capacity, quality and reliability.
- Use Statistical Process Control Tools to breakdown a process and understand the statistical differentiation to improve the process.
- Will need to be able to communicate with the customers and achieve customer quality needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering (or similar
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions from groups or managers.
- Proficiency at excel is necessary (other tools, such as Minitab, are welcome).
- Ability to attain and maintain state of the art knowledge of all our client's technology product and industry trends.
- Ability to investigate problems, analyze root causes and derive resolutions.
- Strong listening, oral and written communication skills, ability to motivate.
- Able to plan, direct and delegate work to others.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills as well as administrative management skills.
- Critical Thinking will be necessary when handling RCFAs.
- Manufacturing, Production, or Electronic experience is helpful to analyzing the necessary areas for the job.
VOLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer