CNC Milling Machinist
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
To machine precision aerospace components according to customer specifications while adhering to specific quality, production, and scheduling requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to read and understand work instructions such as, fixture alignment, tooling info and part loading instructions.
- Set-up and operate CNC multi-axis milling machining centers with Fanuc computer controls according to engineering specifications, instructions, and operation sheets (GD&T).
- Be able to pick up worksheets as well as traming tools to run true.
- Understand cutter compensation and can make the correct offset adjustment to ensure a quality part.
- Select appropriate cutting tools, fixtures and tool holders for a given job.
- Run similar jobs of short cycle times for extended periods of time where manufacturing processes are stable and do not require frequent change.
- Read and interpret engineering instructions, travelers, and blueprints and be familiar with geometric tolerances and principles.
- Operate more than one machine at a time, one to two machines depending on the nature of the job and its complexity, occasionally operating more than two machines depending on operator skill and familiarity with a given job.
- Must perform routine maintenance on assigned production equipment, i.e., maintain cleanliness of work area and machinery, check machinery fluids and alert maintenance personnel and/or supervisor of malfunctions.
- Operate lifting and handling equipment such as hand truck, pallet jack, or overhead hoist to maneuver in-process or finished components to desired location.
VOLT is an EOE