|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions has an open position for one of its clients in Totem Lake, WA (near Seattle) who is seeking a Electrical Engineer for a direct role. Under direct supervision, the Electrical Engineer 1 assists with designing and/or translating customer requirements into procedures and processes that result in optimal, cost-effective electrical systems and components.
- They confirm system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; and testing properties.
- Supporting the value of continuous improvement, the EE 1 also recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls and helps coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- The EE 1 works with the customer, management and shop floor employees continuously to ensure on time delivery, quality and efficiency goals are achieved. Included, but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and applying knowledge of electricity and materials
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
- Coordinates the manufacturing test launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and test equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Performs product/process test analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service
- Completes projects by training and guiding technician and other manufacturing personnel
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed ? Other duties assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or related field.
- 5 years minimum to 10 years’ experience in electrical systems, test design and engineering
- 5 years minimum experience using CAD
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive electronic systems knowledge, analyzing information and reporting research results
- Ability to troubleshoot electronics equipment problems and perform complex system tests striving for quality ? Creative thinking skills ? Detail-oriented personality
- Possess interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic
- Willing to assume responsibility and to take direction
- Possess a professional attitude and promote the same in others
- Able to facilitate closed loop communication with all areas of manufacturing and management
- Skilled in negotiating for shared resources
- Able to demonstrate proven experience as a strong team player with multiple organizations
- Strong working knowledge in MS Office Suite (Advanced Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc) ? Be flexible, able and willing to modify with an ever-changing business environment
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, technical drawings and manuals, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, suppliers, managers, or co-workers of the organization
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions. We offer our workers competitive pay and benefits, as well as educational programs and redeployment assistance.