Quality Engineer II
Fuquay Varina, NC
|Location:||Fuquay Varina, NC|
|Pay Rate:||$0.00 - $34.32 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
Capitalizing on knowledge and innovation, comprehensive resources, and technology, Volt provides top talent to the many thousands of clients across the globe. Over 60 years of unwavering focus on the issues of workforce management have gained us a reputation of being one of the most knowledgeable and accomplished strategic workforce partners in business for clients and candidates alike.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking a Quality Engineer to work onsite at our client’s facility in Fuquay-Varina, NC to provide quality control and improvement for the manufacturing and engineering organization.
- Production Support to identify, contain, investigate, and resolve quality issues.
- Lead problem resolution for Supplier Quality issues to ensure root cause is determined and appropriate corrective action is implemented.
- Lead Part Level Quality Planning for new programs, model year changes, running changes and continuous improvement.
- Support product lines builds with problem identification and problem tracking.
- Assist on new product rework tracking.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify supplier related issues and assist in implementing of corrective action.
- Support the execution of Complete Goods Ship Hold process.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Science or equivalent discipline.
- Product knowledge in sheet metal, 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, engineering or quality environment.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Self-directed, people oriented, technical focus and professional.
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- 2+ years’ experience using quality tools such as FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis), 8D Corrective Action, Root Cause analysis, Mistake-proofing, and SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Six Sigma experience – green belt, minimum.
- Solid MS Office experience including Outlook, MS Word and Excel.
- Product knowledge in hydraulics, plastics, castings and other commodities involved with the assembly of commercial mowing and golf mowing equipment.
Submit your resume today!
Contact Erica at 515-346-3152 for immediate consideration.
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position listed here, please be sure to go to http://jobs.volt.com to see the other positions we have available that you may qualify for.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer