External Medical Billing Specialist
|Pay Rate:||$14.00 - $16.00 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
A large medical device company located in Gainesville, FL has an immediate need for a Medical Billing Specialist.
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for facilitating the daily management of billing, accounts receivable and overseeing the collection efforts for the Continuum business. The position requires the development and standardization of procedures for new payers and for the collection of co-payments from clients. In addition, this position provides analysis and reporting of collection metrics such as critical aging trends and works with clients to establish the need for financial assistance as necessary.
- Facilitates the timely and accurate electronic transmission of claims to third party payers. In cases where electronic transmission is not available, assures that the paper claim is properly completed and submitted in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to verification of insurance, confirmation of sales orders, providing notification to clients/caregivers regarding coverage and payment responsibilities, posting the receipt of payment in the computer system, transmitting secondary claims and working payment denials.
- Assures that all phases of processing client information are in compliance with HIPAA, PHI regulatory and related policies and practices; reports any Compliance issues to the Operations Manager.
- Communicates in a professional and positive manner with all clients and referral sources.
- Oversees the insurance verification process and ensures that any co-payments due are communicated to the client prior to the order being delivered or shipped.
- When applicable may gather credit card or other payment processing information from the client and utilizes the computer system to process payment for third party payers and clients.
- Manages the entry of client information into the ERP system (e.g. Brightree) in a timely manner and contact of referral source and/or client to obtain missing information needed to set up the client for service. Reviews the data to ensure that it is accurate and complete.
- Confirms all sales orders in the system and ensures that proof of delivery is on file before submitting a claim for payment.
- Follows up on all missing sales orders and reconciles payment information on a regular basis.
- Corrects and resubmits front-end and back-end rejected claims.
- Ensures that all cash is posted to the correct account in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the timely follow-up and collection of payments due to the organization. This is accomplished by generating claims and/or following up with clients and/or payers.
- Communicates and reports to management monthly on client co-payment analytics.
- Develops and updates procedures as required for billing and collection processes.
- Conducts testing as necessary related to billing/collections processes within the ERP (e.g. Brightree) system.
- Conducts research and uses available resources to maintain current regulatory guidelines and reimbursement information to ensure that the company is obtaining all appropriate information as required for billing and reimbursement.
- Works with internal and external auditors as necessary to assure financial compliance.
- In addition to the unique responsibilities of the Medical Billing Specialist position, this position is also responsible to perform all the duties of a Customer Service Representative
VOLT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- In lieu of Degree, incumbent may present two years of progressively responsible work experience with a hospital or other health-care provider in an intake, insurance verification or collections function.
- Knowledge of Medicare and other regulatory practices in order to assess effectiveness of intake referral activities. Such knowledge may be derived from graduation from an accredited educational program or on-the-job training in a Hospital Billing, Durable Medical Equipment or other health-care setting. Should be well-versed in regulatory guidelines and industry standards for Medicare and/or specific payer benefit providers.
- Familiar with health-care collection guidelines and practices; able to meet month-end deadlines and productions goals.
- Strong time management and problem solving skills required.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work both independently and as a teammate.
- Flexibility and the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and oral) with team members, clients, caregivers, clinicians and referral sources.
- Well organized and able to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Ability to operate a computer and use the operational software used by the office.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Billing/Coding Certification preferred.
- Familiarity with Brightree Billing Software is highly desired.