Inside Sales Representative
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) enters orders into the system that are placed via fax/email/phone and assist customers with questions or concerns, expediting requests in an efficient and timely manner. This position calls for the planning of quarterly sales goals/plans and sales quotas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Makes daily sales calls according to customer routes and cut off times in order to generate sales and meeting goals.
- Enters customer orders quickly and accurately.
- Plans sales goals and discount commitments for each customer in appropriate territory for the quarter.
- Answers incoming calls (or returning voicemails and emails within the same business day) from customers regarding orders, returns, credits, deliveries, price inquiries, and any issues concerning the customer and ASC.
- Develops and maintains strong rapport with customers, to give them the best possible service.
- Utilizes sales techniques to up sell each customer with promotions, focus items and new items, adding value to each phone conversation.
- Fax or email customer Invoices, Return Authorizations, Credit Memos, promotions, display breakdowns, or any documents requested by the customer.
- Works with accounting to ensure payment is received and any accounting issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Processes credits and return authorizations promptly when a customer calls in with a product/order discrepancy or issue.
- Contacts vendors in regards to product defects or inquiries from customers.
- Contacts each customer from the call list for a sales blitz or sales promotion. Works to reach and/or exceed targeted goals set for each blitz by reaching out to each customer on specific call lists.
- Asks for authorization from the Inside Sales Director regarding special discounts that go beyond parameters set in the system.
- Works with vendor partners to input orders taken in the field. Handles any special needs or requests made by our vendor partners for customers.
- Uses each function on the order entry component of ASC’s computer system with ease, accuracy, and speed.
- Attends quarterly sales meetings for education of new products and reviews the company numbers from the previous quarter.
- Participates in sales training courses and meetings provided by ASC to enhance sales skills.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list; other duties may be required. These duties and responsibilities are subject to change at any time.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge/experience with inventory software, order processing systems, and spreadsheet software.
- Analytical – collects and converts data to complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- High level of accuracy and thoroughness
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Full, advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills
- Office environment, low noise level
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily sitting, with some walking, standing and bending
- Able to hear and speak into telephone
- Close visual work on a computer terminal
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate keyboard, mouse and other technical instruments