Tax Accountant 3 - 6123 - US
|Pay Rate:||$30.00 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt has been a leader in the Staffing Industry for 60 years and currently has more than 100 branches nationwide to serve both our clients' and candidates' needs. We connect office professionals with leading employers in the area. Whether you are looking for a contract/temporary position or a direct hire, we are here to serve you. Find out more about us by visiting www.volt.com.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Research sales & use tax laws and determine the taxability in different states and maintain findings in a tax matrix to communicate to purchasing.
- Provide tax exemption certificate to vendors.
- Maintaining all electronic resale certificates and request resale certificates from customers as needed.
- Assist with state sales and use audits providing information as requested by the auditor.
- Strong background in SAP with an understanding of GL and tax function (tax codes & jurisdictions) for sales and use tax.
- Prepare approximately 15 monthly sales and use tax returns, including reconciliation of the GL tax accrual accounts.
- Run sales and use tax reports from SAP for returns and reconciliation.
- Review and prepare journal entries for adjustments to the tax accrual for over/under accrual.
- Timely file and pay sales and use returns each month with little supervision.
- Ensure the tax accrual accounts are accurate.
- Work with and answer questions from AP and purchasing relate to use tax.
- Review POs to ensure correct tax code.
- Maintain tax jurisdictions, rates and condition records on taxability in SAP.
- Prepare and complete miscellaneous sales and tax request as needed.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting required
- At least two years’ experience in sales and use tax
- Proficient in Excel and SAP
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Effective in writing, oral and intrapersonal skills.
- Ability to research tax issues
- Excellent in analyzing complex use tax issues