Labor Relations Specialist
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is supporting a client that leads the industry in the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of compact equipment for construction, rental, landscaping, agriculture, grounds maintenance, government, utility, industry and mining. They strive to empower our customers to do their jobs more efficiently and effectively.
Their roots are deep in North Dakota – having started there in 1947 – and they are the state’s largest manufacturer, with three North Dakota production facilities. Global manufacturing facilities are located in France, Czech Republic and China.
This client is a global leader in construction equipment, power and water solutions, engines, and engineering, proudly serving customers and communities for more than a century.
This role serves as an important employee relations function for the Company. This position will assist the human resources department in driving effective labor relations and consistency throughout the facility. The role is designed to help the Company uphold labor relations, improve engagement, and maintain processes/procedures that facilitate communication.
Maintain Employee Relations
- Administration of company policies and procedures including attendance and discipline policies.
Support Labor Relations
- Consult on union matters including: assisting with grievances through 3rd step, including primary research, assisting in 4th step and arbitrations.
- Support Company in contract negotiations.
- Collective bargaining agreement understanding and administration.
- Participate in PCL meetings focusing on grievance review, hot issues, and reminders.
- Participate in investigations and resolving employee issues.
Staffing and Recruiting
- Support the Staffing and Recruiting function of the business.
- Affirmative Action process administration.
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Able to maintain confidentiality and interact with employees while demonstrating tact, sensitivity and professionalism.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law a plus
- Strong proficiency in use of Excel, Word and web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Labor relations experience a plus
- Less than 10% travel required
VOLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer