Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. We are a Six Sigma company that also offers many direct hire, full-time positions.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Volt is currently looking to hire a Bilingual (French and English) Administrative Assistant for our client located in downtown Montreal. This is a good 1 year contract to start and has great potential to become a permanent opportunity.
Role Title: Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Location: Downtown Montreal, QC
Duration of Assignment: Approx. 1 year with possibility of permanent
Pay Rate: $19.23 cad/hour + 4% Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: 9am to 5pm
SUMMARY OF EMPLOYMENT
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the effective and efficient administration of various office activities, including support to the management team. Under this position, she will assume a wide range of functions such as reception, office administration and office management. She will be part of the administrative team providing support to different teams in North America.
• Answer phone calls, take messages and greet guests, visitors and customers.
• Provide information and support to staff and guests. Respond to customer requests.
• Work at the desk.
• Ensure that visitors' offices, coffee machine areas, dining room, meeting rooms and general office are clean.
• Manage and order office supplies, computer supplies and supplies from the dining room and coffee machine area.
• Process purchase orders in the supply system.
• Coding and approving invoices; Liaising between Supplier Accounts and suppliers.
• Responsible for local, national and international courier services and bookkeeping.
• Coordinate messenger services and incoming and outgoing staff.
• Maintain stocks of mail and courier supplies.
• Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
• Manage telephone and voicemail systems and ensure their smooth operation.
• In coordination with Assignments, ensure that newly hired employees receive the required equipment: access card, phone and telephone line, workstation, business card, keys, office supplies.
• Update management plans and the key box.
• Manage the security system and desktop access cards.
• Liaise with the management of the building for maintenance and repair work: lighting, emergency measures in the event of fire, displacement of furniture and cleaning of windows and carpets.
• Track records for storage, archiving and destruction.
• Manage and control office equipment, supplies for photocopiers, etc.
• Performs various duties as required for proper office development.
• Have at least three years of administrative experience in a large office.
• Ability to use office software such as MS Office, e-mail systems and the Internet.
• Ability to use office equipment competently.
• Manage your time effectively.
• Be an excellent communicator.
• Be able to pay attention to detail.
• Be bilingual (French and English).