Staffing - Electrical Engineer I
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Job Posting Title: Electrical Engineer
Volt is looking for an Electrical Engineer to work with our client located in Concord, NC . Our client makes glass for some of the world most useful products..
Scope of Position:
- Position will serve as an electrical controls resource for Division Engineering.
- Main responsibility is to function as electrical lead on project to redesign and add functionality to existing manufacturing equipment.
Job functions include:
- Specify components (i.e. heaters, pumps, pressure and flow measurement devices) and integrate into existing system controls infrastructure
- Obtain quotes and order components
- Revise equipment drawings
- Oversee assembly of prototype system with some opportunity for hands on work
- Debug and resolve issues on system commissioning
- Work closely with cross functional engineering team including IT, process and mechanical engineers
- Update equipment documentation at the completion of project
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree with applicable co-op and/or internship experience.
- Required Years and Area of Experience: 2+ years minimum
- Experience integrating field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems into an overall controls package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
- Familiar with electrical system design including control panel layouts, component selection, and schematics.
- Knowledge of closed loop control systems and PID tuning.
- Sound understanding of AC/DC electrical theory, and practical application thereof
- Experienced in electrical system troubleshooting including low and medium voltage systems, PLCs, temperature controls safety systems, etc
- Basic PLC controls knowledge (example: Beckhoff, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
- Ability to generate and interpret electrical drawings using AutoCAD
- Experience with mechanical system troubleshooting including pneumatic controls, flow control, material handling, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis techniques using Microsoft Excel, Pi and Access
- Knowledge of ANSI standards, NFPA and NEC applicable Electrical Codes
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Works well in a team environment, is a “self-starter” and “results oriented”.
- Acts and makes decisions in the best interest of the team.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of the plant.
- Works well with other disciplines (IT, mechanical, and process engineering) to fully understand manufacturing system functionality and design requirements.
- Experience working in a manufacturing floor or construction environment, with a strong focus on job site safety.
- Proactive regarding safety. Seeks to identify and correct potential safety or environmental issues before they occur.
This is an estimated 12+ months position in Concord, NC and is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt is a world-class leader in the staffing services marketplace. Volt provides Contingent Staffing, Contingent-to-Hire, and Managed Service Programs to a variety of companies, including the Fortune 1000. Volt supplies workforce design solutions in Engineering, Information Technology, Scientific, Technical/Professional and other disciplines.
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.