Hot Springs, AR
|Location:||Hot Springs, AR|
|Pay Rate:||$19.00 - $25.00 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt has been a leader in the Staffing Industry for 60 years and currently has more than 100 branches nationwide to serve both our clients' and candidates' needs. We connect office professionals with leading employers in the area. Whether you are looking for a contract/temporary position or a direct hire, we are here to serve you. Find out more about us by visiting www.volt.com.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for providing CAD and technical assistance as directed to the Mid-South project teams
• Strong computer and AutoCAD skills
• Understands use of generic details and their applications
• Accuracy, quality, completeness and adherence to the schedule can be independently maintained
• Willing to work overtime on an as needed basis
The Designer I position works under occasional supervision to prepare finished drawings from very complex sketches, notes, layouts, details, and verbal instruction. Responsibilities include:
• Drafting of mechanical equipment from a work point diagram
• Drafting of drive assemblies
• Able to perform algebraic and geometric calculation
• Able to check for design fit, interference, and function
• Layout of steel arrangements
• Develop limited client interaction skills
• Basic Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Can perform assignments quickly and accurately
• Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
• Can fully and accurately check all work preformed
• Learn and works in accordance to Mid-South Engineering policies and procedures
The Designer I will be a team player, will maintain a cordial and cooperative attitude in the department and in the company and perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent.
The work hours for this position will be 40 hours to 55 hours per week depending on the workload. Overtime will be required when the workload is heavy.
This position will require a minimum amount of travel. Travel will be to current job sites and will usually be 1 to 2-day trips. These trips will be to assist lead coordinators and project engineers and will also be used for educational purposes.