Business Development Manager
|Category:||Marketing & Sales|
|Pay Rate:||$45,000.00 - $60,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible and held accountable for consistently increasing revenue through the generation of new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate viable requisitions from new and inactive accounts. Track and move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Create and maintain a business plan utilizing CRM, with targeted new accounts and completely mapped territory and calendar. Develop strategy for penetrating/layering within accounts.
- Engaged in outside selling and/or prospecting from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily.
- Manage assigned territory in an organized and systematic fashion. Develop business through a combination of methods that may include all or in part: research, lead generation, prospecting, networking and in-person appointments with new and inactive clients.
- Partner with the Technical BDM to share leads and develop client relationships to expand Volt’s footprint
- Generate leads through prospecting and cold calling, both in-person and via telephone and other electronic media such as social networking tools and techniques.
- Research potential new business and current client and update target list.
- Maintain active participation and membership in networking organizations.
- Meet all minimum requirements for weekly appointment activity and revenue growth.
- Complete the timely entry of all required sales documentation into Volt’s CRM and other automated systems. Maintain consistency and integrity of data.
- Coordinate with recruiting teams to ensure delivery to client’s requisitions. Participate in sales and training seminars geared toward recruiting teams.
- Meet with your direct Manager and inside staff on a regular basis to communicate all client service priorities and business/sales opportunities.
- Provide information on clients or prospects for bids and proposals within assigned territory.
- Coach inside staff to help refine messaging and develop their sales skills and comfort with the selling process.
- Work to ensure contract compliance.
- Ability to arrive to work at a specified time.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform special assignments and complete projects as needed.
- Develop and expand sales competency by continuing education and participation in training and seminars.
Position Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- 2 years of Customer Management or Sales experience required.
- Previous experience servicing, supporting, developing and generating major accounts.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in comparable field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Effectively communicate in writing.
- Effectively communicate verbally including by telephone.
- Effectively communicate in-person with internal staff, external clients and field employees.
- Ability to perform business presentation skills.
- Ability to create complex business correspondence.
Expectations - 100 Over the phone Cold Calls a week, Minimum 12 total face to face appointments a week, attend at least one networking event every month, bring in a minimum of 2 billing client per month.