Business Development Manager
|Category:||Marketing & Sales|
|Pay Rate:||$45,000.00 - $55,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
VOLT WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
Job Title: Business Development Manager (BDM A&I)
Location of Position: Houston
Reporting Relationship: Branch Manager/Market Director
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible and held accountable for consistently increasing revenue through the generation of new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate viable requisitions from new and inactive accounts. Track and move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Create and maintain a business plan utilizing CRM, with targeted new accounts and completely mapped territory and calendar. Develop strategy for penetrating/layering within accounts.
- Engaged in outside selling and/or prospecting from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily.
- Manage assigned territory in an organized and systematic fashion. Develop business through a combination of methods that may include all or in part: research, lead generation, prospecting, networking and in-person appointments with new and inactive clients.
- Partner with the Technical BDM to share leads and develop client relationships to expand Volt’s footprint
- Generate leads through prospecting and cold calling, both in-person and via telephone and other electronic media such as social networking tools and techniques.
- Research potential new business and current client and update target list.
- Maintain active participation and membership in networking organizations.
- Meet all minimum requirements for weekly appointment activity and revenue growth.
- Complete the timely entry of all required sales documentation into Volt’s CRM and other automated systems. Maintain consistency and integrity of data.
- Coordinate with recruiting teams to ensure delivery to client’s requisitions. Participate in sales and training seminars geared toward recruiting teams.
- Meet with your direct Manager and inside staff on a regular basis to communicate all client service priorities and business/sales opportunities.
- Provide information on clients or prospects for bids and proposals within assigned territory.
- Coach inside staff to help refine messaging and develop their sales skills and comfort with the selling process.
- Work to ensure contract compliance.
- Ability to arrive to work at a specified time.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform special assignments and complete projects as needed.
- Develop and expand sales competency by continuing education and participation in training and seminars.
Position Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- 2 years of Customer Management or Sales experience required.
- Previous experience servicing, supporting, developing and generating major accounts.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in comparable field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Effectively communicate in writing.
- Effectively communicate verbally including by telephone.
- Effectively communicate in-person with internal staff, external clients and field employees.
- Ability to perform business presentation skills.
- Ability to create complex business correspondence.
- Focuses on the Customer
- Knows the business
- Focuses on profitability
- Works Well on a Team
- Works efficiently
- Commits to quality
- Communicates effectively
- Takes initiative
Physical Demands and Environmental Factors:
- Ability to work in office environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work non-standard business hours and travel occasionally.
- Own method of transportation to and from work.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during working hours.
Read the requirements for a Volt A&I Business Development Manager (BDM) listed below.
BDM Minimum Expectations
- Minimum of 12 Total Appointments per week (New and Existing Clients. Combination of Targets/Prospects to be determined by management). Best Practice is 15 appointments per week.
- Attend at least one business networking event per month.
- Bring in a minimum of two new billing clients per month.
Direct Margin Targets
- End of first 6 month (plus 8 weeks of training) is $4,550/week.
- End of 1st year (plus 8 weeks of training) is $8,300/week includes $18,000.00 in direct placement/conversion fees
- End of 2nd year (plus 8 weeks of training) is $12,200/week includes $75,000.00 in direct placement/conversion fees
- End of 3rd year (plus 8 weeks of training) is $16,100/week includes $100,000.00 in direct placement/conversion fees
- End of 4th year (plus 8 weeks of training) is $20,000/week includes $100,000.00 in direct placement/conversion fees
BDM Best Practices
- Customer Relationship Activity, best practice of two per month.
- Prospecting should be done in person before and after appointments. Best practice: prospecting 3-5 companies; spending a total of 2-3 hours per week. Drive territory one day per month with Branch Manager. Over the phone prospecting should be done at least two hours per week (see time block).