Algorithm Engineer - Clearance
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Are you seeking a software development position requiring less than 10 years of experience? If so, then this is NOT the position for you!
Are you a novice with algorithm development, Java, C/C++, and/or Fortran? If so, then this is NOT the positions for!
But, if you are a senior Software Engineer seeking a position that will challenge your algorithm and software development skills in Java, C/C++ and/or Fortran, then you may be the candidate we are looking for!
We are seeking a candidate to work with our client, a global leader in the Defense and Aerospace industries, for 12 months in Huntsville, AL from 8am to 5pm. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, prototyping, analyzing, and implementing evolving target discrimination algorithms; implementing algorithms in a MATLAB prototype environment; performing comparative data analysis to assess algorithm performance, and reviewing the content and details of technical products.
- Applicants selected must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering; Masters preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of software/systems engineering experience including developing new and integrating existing radar signal processing and tracking systems
- Ability to be part of an integrated team tasked with defining and developing an evolving BMDS Battle Management, Command and Control, and Communications capability
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings
- Ability to implement engineering plans within a project
- Demonstrated experience in algorithm development, troubleshooting, analysis, and one or more of the following areas: system analysis, design, modeling, simulation, integration, and testing
- Experience performing trades studies, requirements development, engineering design as well as software development processes and modeling. Technical leadership of junior and mid-level engineers in performance of tasks desirable
- Experience with missile defense battle management and command and control systems (required)
- Experience with software development and data analysis in MATLAB
- Experienced in target discrimination algorithms
- Java, C, C++, and/or Fortran experience (required)
- Successful candidate will possess in depth knowledge of systems and software engineering concepts, principles, and techniques
- Understanding of radar capabilities, threat capabilities and characteristics of adverse environments Familiarity with techniques in pattern classification/recognition, data analytics, decision systems, and/or familiarity with Kalman filters (required)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Both Battle Management and Radar discrimination experience (highly desired)
This is an estimated twelve (12) month temporary position in Huntsville, AL that is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position. Position is subject to U.S. Government Contractor hiring eligibility requirements. No third party vendors. Pay is commensurate with experience.
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.