Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Irvine Branch is currently hiring a Facilities Maintenance Associate for immediate hire for a manufacturing company in Irvine.
Position is temp to hire. Pay is $17-19/hr. Position starts ASAP!
Under direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, this position will provide general maintenance for the Irvine facility which includes but is not limited to the following services: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating/ventilation/air conditioning, painting and preventive maintenance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• conducts periodic facility inspections as required (including fire safety systems) and follows up on any required actions and record keeping
• performs periodic duties as it relates to the preventative maintenance program
• works with other members of the team to execute and complete work requests in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the customer
• submits purchase requests for needed spare parts and tools as required
• responsible for keeping all maintenance areas clean and orderly
• performs janitorial duties when necessary
Candidate must have:
• a minimum of two years' experience in building maintenance or related field
• basic knowledge of practices and procedures, equipment and materials used in the maintenance and repair of buildings and related systems (i.e. mechanical, electrical, heating, plumbing and general remodeling and constructions skills)
• basic knowledge of painting and working with power tools
• forklift experience
• basic knowledge of building plans and specifications
• basic knowledge of working on ladders and follow safety procedures, proper protection worn when needed
• basic knowledge of computers, e-mail, printers, scanner/fax/copy machines, telecommunication equipment, and projectors
• the ability to perform physical activities such as occasional lifting (max 50 pounds), carrying, pushing and/or pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling
• the ability to work after-hours, if necessary, to maintain and verify that all facility systems are functioning
• a positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
• a valid driver's license; be able to pass a criminal background and drug test