|Pay Rate:||$0.00 - $49.00 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Java Software Engineer
The Java Engineer Developer will play a key role in developing applications written in Java/J2EE related-technologies. The Java Engineer will work in a team to design, develop, test and maintain the Telematics Software platform and its corresponding APIs. This position will entail application performance development related to quickly identify performance bottlenecks and corrections on application components and APIs to ensure consistent application performance under stress.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, and implement software solutions of varying complexity, including server-side, middle-ware, and user interface aspects.
- Work in an Agile S/W development environment with frequently changing requirements
- Provide well-written design documents from requirements documents (even loosely specified requirements)
- Support existing software including development of enhancements, defect resolution, determining and resolving performance issues, debugging, upgrading, deployment and migration.
- Participate in, coordinate, or conduct Software Engineering activities to mature the Telematics software infrastructure including architecture, design, methodologies, best practices, standards, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience on hands on development projects
- Java/J2EE software development experience in a UNIX/Linux environment and embedded
- Experience using and designing with MQTT Protocols
- Experience with Node.JS is large preference
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Design techniques
- Experience in: JDK 1.6+, JUnit
- Experience working with different Application servers
- Strong Web services technology knowledge: HTTP, SOAP, WSDL, JAXWS, JAXRS, REST
- Experience using and designing RESTful interfaces
- Spring Data, Spring Boot, Drools
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols – theoretical and also practical
- Experience in building and maintaining scalable and distributed systems
- Implementation using a relational database and frameworks like JPA
- Good SQL skills with knowledge of Oracle/DB2 RDBMS
- Experience with version control software such as GIT, SVN, CVS etc.; experience with IDE such as Eclipse
- Server knowledge: JBoss
- Test Driven Development: Experience using JUnit, and mocking frameworks like PowerMock and EasyMock
- Experience in designing and building scalable WebServices
VOLT Workforce Solutions is an Equal opportunity employer.