Senior Accounting Clerk
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||$45,000.00 - $48,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt is seeking to hire a dynamic, high energy and accomplished Senior Accounting Clerk for a leading manufacturer of computer peripheral equipment including color and monochrome printers as well as multi-function products.
In addition to meeting and exceeding assigned objectives, the responsibilities of the position are:
- Operational responsibilities within both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- A/R: Primarily accountable for data input and billing.
- Daily billing and data input of cash receipts; customer refunds; prepare daily deposit and daily cash report;
- Obtain credit references for new accounts; daily credit card deposit; processing manual credit card transactions; scan checks to bank;
- Run lockbox image checks from bank site; input misc. debits/credits; ODC bill backs; other miscellaneous accounting transactions.
- A/P: Primarily accountable for the coordination and execution of the timely and accurate processing of corporate disbursements (US & CAD).
- A/P input; control checks and process weekly A/P check run for both the US and Canada; control and process manual payroll checks;
- Control disbursements from petty cash and prepare monthly petty cash JE; reconcile major vendor and leased property accounts;
- Maintain files and process annual 1099 statements; work extensively with requisitioners, purchasing agents and vendors in resolving A/P issues;
- Process the input of A/P wire transfers via SAP; perform monthly general ledger analysis of assigned accounts; verify application of accounting
- Controls as related to A/P and SAP; perform other accounting duties as required.
- Internal contacts with other departments within ODA concerning accounting related issues. Interact with vendors and salespeople concerning A/R and A/P accounting related issues
- Contact outside references for credit analysis
- Daily interactions related to A/P issues – marketing, traffic, cost accounting, HR, purchasing, material planners, vendors, freight companies, etc.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 – 3 years ion an accounting environment (with A/R and/or A/P experience).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent math and analytical aptitude.
- Good working knowledge of accounting controls.
- Must have the ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel - knowledge of SAP an added plus.
- Ability to operate office automation equipment.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer