Sr. Electrical Engineer SME
|Pay Rate:||$0.00 - $100,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
If you are a collaborative, team-oriented Electrical Engineer with a sense of urgency and ability to multi-task, we want to speak with you!
Volt is currently seeking an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated Electrical Engineer for a direct-hire opportunity with a global provider of an integrated range of hardware and software solutions, consultancy and support services to the cash processing industry. The company is working with 230 customers across 106 countries, providing a range of high-speed cash sorting and authentication systems. The holder of this role will be a key player in an exciting and challenging high profile project with a multi-million dollar budget, targeting a solution for one of the largest financial institutions in the world!
- Work with other Engineering teams, internal and external customers to develop product functional specifications and technical design for products used in the cash processing industry.
- Design and test various electrical components including power supplies, detectors, analog and digital circuits and PCB’s, electrical cables and connectors.
- Design, build, and test new sorter device technologies.
- Conduct design reviews as required to track project status including schedule, budget, and all relevant documentation.
- Document all engineering designs, drawings, processes, etc. according to relevant ISO 9001 and best practice procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the technical aspect of assigned projects.
- Initiate, write, review, and approve Engineering Change Notices for electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic components.
- Support manufacturing, field service, mechanical, and software groups as needed
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years electrical engineering experience in a relevant industry.
- This individual will have a strong point of view to be the Electrical EXPERT (SME) and act as the “Voice of the EE Group”
- Must understand board level circuit design, FPGA, IC and protocols
- Must expertise in design of power distribution, machine wire harnesses, CE compliance/safety, regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Ability to navigate in OrCAD
- Some international travel required, 1-2 trips per year
- Solid working knowledge of proper engineering design and change processes.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Analog and Digital circuit and PCB design
- A/D and D/A
- Wire harness design
- Power distribution
- FPGA design
- Detector/sensor design
- Interface circuits and protocols
- Experience leading a technical team.
This position does not offer sponsorship or relocation assistance.
Volt offers a candidate referral bonus, please inquire for more details (conditions and restrictions apply).
Please apply to this position if interested!
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with its employees.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer