Kansas City, MO
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is looking for an Administrative Assistant for our client in the Kansas City, MO Area.
Are you interested in working for a fast growing company that provides lots of opportunity for growth and advancement? We are looking for self-motivated individuals who want to learn and improve their skills and desire to move up within the company.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Business Manager, this individual will be responsible for office and company administration support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, and forward calls, provide information, and take messages.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Interact with vendors, clients, others related to operations in a positive and effective manner.
- Input and updating data into company software system(s).
- Assist with office supply ordering, while maintaining within the monthly budget.
- Collect, sort, distribute, and prepare mail, messages, and special deliveries.
- Handle filing, scanning, faxing, and copying as needed.
- Support staff with administrative needs.
- Assist technical and field services staff with project management and project related tasks as assigned.
- Assist with orchestrating company events, including but not limited to: First Friday’s in the Crossroads District, Customer Appreciation events, company Christmas party, etc.
- Provide marketing support activities, including but not limited to: entering vendor registration information, entering general information on proposals, and assisting with updating resumes, etc.
- Coordinate and support major document preparation, copying, scanning, filing, corporate branding, presentation, and quality assurance as assigned.
- Work directly with the Business Manager to coordinate and facilitate administrative duties.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all company locations.
- Facilitate office communications, including phone calls, and office visitors.
- Meet with employees, customers, suppliers, and other guests of the company as required to build and promote relationships.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Requires being detailed and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Requires strong communication and organizational skills, flexibility, effective time management skills, a cooperative attitude, and change management abilities.
- Excellent computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Windows based programs are required
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer