Kansas City, MO
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is looking for Skilled laborer/Equipment Operator/Drivers with CDL Class A for one of our clients in Kansas City, MO. These are direct career opportunity positions!
Are you interested in working for a fast growing company that provides lots of opportunity for growth and advancement? We are looking for self-motivated individuals who want to learn and improve their skills and desire to move up within the company to project management and beyond.
Work will be on project locations that typically include industrial facilities, warehouses or outdoor areas. The work environment is dirty, dusty, noisy, and may contain hazardous or potentially hazardous substances. Frequent travel is required and applicants must be available for emergency response work after hours and on weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain safety standards and requirements at all times for entire crew.
- Maintain company vehicles including simple repairs and general maintenance.
- Able to follow applicable DOT regulations.
- Drive a variety of vehicles, including Liquid vac trucks, Guzzlers, and tractor trailers.
- Work in diverse environments such as confined spaces, various heights, and storage tanks
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions--extreme heat, cold, dry or wet environment
- Load hoses, chemicals and other equipment required for assigned job onto truck.
- Assist in the operation of equipment or power tools.
- Clean up work area and equipment after work is completed.
- Assist in the inspection of equipment, hoses, connections, pumps and general work area
- Complete all appropriate paperwork including services receipts.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Able to work in confined spaces wearing full or half face respirator
- After completing on the job training your duties may include vacuum truck operation, hydro blasting, ice blasting and tank cleaning
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• A strong commitment to safety
• 3 years of CDL driving experience is preferred
• Experience operating vacuum trucks, hydro-blasters, and line cleaning is preferred
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to manage and motivate others
• Valid CDL driver’s license required.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, nights, and holidays as required
• OSHA 40hr HAZWOPER recommended
• Heavy equipment operation and maintenance experience is a plus.
A pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, driving record check and physical exam are required.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer