Kansas City, MO
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt Workforce Solutions is looking for Project Managers who specialize in either Environmental Investigation/ Remediation or Compliance/Environmental Due Diligence for a major client in Kansas City, MO.
If you are interested in working for a rapidly growing company that provides lots of opportunity for growth and advancement; who want to improve your skills and have a desire to grow within the company than I would like to speak with you.
Position Summary: The Project Manager combines understanding of scientific principles and regulatory requirements to gather and compile information, write and review reports, complete fieldwork, supervise sampling and drilling contractors, and general technical reporting activities. A Project Manager operates with an “all-hands-on-deck" mentality to ensure client satisfaction and a high level of quality in completion of assigned projects. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Complete management of projects including initial scoping, budget development, work plan development, oversight of field activities, reporting, communication with client and regulators, and understanding of objectives to achieve project closure.
- Author proposals and cost estimates
- Oversee the management of due diligence or site characterization and remediation activities
- Experience managing and performing complex ASTM Phase I and II ESAs
- Communicate with Clients, other Project Managers, Program Managers, Associate Scientists, regulators, and insurance representatives in the field and office
- Complete and oversee the sampling and data collection for air, water, groundwater, wastewater, stormwater, hazardous waste, solid waste, radon, and soil for laboratory testing
- Properly complete paperwork to document field activities
- Carefully and accurately manage samples and paperwork and responsibly use scientific instruments
- Plan, direct, and oversee investigation/remediation activities – including but not limited to: installation of monitoring wells, drilling and drilling investigations, soil sampling, packaging, and shipping
- Handle waste for remediation, sampling, packaging, and correctly package and label various wastes that may contain petroleum, heavy metals, volatile organic compounds (VOC), semi-volatile organic compounds (SVOC), paint, solvents, wastewater sludge, and more
- Request information from various governmental and regulatory organizations
- Minimum 5-years experience required; 10-years’ experience is preferred
- Previous project management experience required
- 3-years supervisory experience is preferred
- Knowledge of risk based corrective action processes
- Experience with the Missouri Petroleum Storage Tank Insurance Fund (PSTIF) is preferred
- BS in geology or environmental science (or similar) required
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills required, both oral and written
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based programs are required
- Superior research and technical writing skills are required with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of maps and aerial photography is required
VOLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer