Sr. Electrical Engineer
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||$85,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Full-Time, Exempt Position
Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Basic Responsibilities: May fill roll as Responsible Professional Engineer (RPE) for complex multidiscipline projects. Plans and supervises work requiring judgment regarding the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Assist Group Manager in client relationships and discipline marketing efforts.
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Electrical Group Manager.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In a supervisory capacity; plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a large and important project or a number of small projects with many complex features.
- As staff specialist; usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant for a technical specialty, a type of facility or equipment, or a program function.
- Proposal manager for Level 2 projects.
- May approve level of effort estimates for discipline as assigned by Group Manager.
- May stamp work performed by others within discipline.
- Work to meet or exceed QA standards.
- All other duties assigned by Manager.
Skill, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and Licensed Professional Engineer.
- History of leadership in professional or technical society.
- May publish professional papers.
- More than 15 years of experience.
This position operates in a professional office environment. Occasional site visit may be required.
The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to ten (10) pounds.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer