Sr. Financial Analyst (Manufacturing)
|Pay Rate:||39.00 CAD - 43.50 CAD /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. We are a Six Sigma company that also offers many direct hire, full-time positions.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Volt Workforce Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst for one of our clients in the Aerospace industry located in Oakville, ON. This is an approximately a 1 year contract from the start date.
Role Title: Senior Financial Analyst
- Start: ASAP
- End: 1 year contract (from start date)
- Location: Oakville, ON L6L5Y7
- Pay Rate: $39-43.50/hr (depending on experience) + benefits available
Minimum Requirements Questions: (Candidates must meet minimum requirements)
1) Do you have a University Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field?
2) Do you have at least 5 years’ experience as a financial analyst or related experience in a manufacturing environment?
3) Do you have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel?
4) Do you have experience with an ERP system?
**Interested Candidates MUST be Eligible to work in Canada Without Sponsorship**
In this position you will be reporting to the Program Finance Manager. This position will be primarily responsible for providing financial support for, but not limited to, your assigned programs. This would include but not be restricted to the collection, analysis, and consolidation of financial and cost data from numerous sources. This position will also be required to present various business cases to management to aid in making sound business decisions.
• Perform budgeting/forecasting tasks by program
• Provide results analysis by program; perform gap analyses to Plan and Forecast
• Prepare and present monthly program reviews with program management.
• Perform and contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual tasks and reporting
• Perform account reconciliations
• Ensure proper revenue recognition and prepare EAC (estimate at completion) model under the new standard taking effect 1/1/18.
• Establish and monitor standard costs for assigned programs, ensuring the integrity of costing and identifying any unusual trends or exceptions
• Perform make/buy analyses
• Provide estimating/negotiating support for new business proposals and analysis during and after new program start up
• Develop business case presentations using NPV, IRR, and MIRR tools in support of strategic product development
• Perform ad hoc analyses for projects as assigned
• Participate and identify Continuous Improvement projects and cost reduction initiatives
• Assist in audit requests as required.
• University degree, preferably in Finance and/or Accounting
• At least 5 years’ experience as a financial analyst or related experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• At least 5 years costing experience and business case analysis
• Accounting designation or in final year of CPA program
• Excellent PC skills; demonstrated strength using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc. is required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience within an ERP environment; experience with SAP is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCGP