Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
If you are seeking a Java Developer role, this is NOT the position for you. If you are seeking an entry level Software Engineering role, then this is NOT the position for you. If you are NOT familiar with complying with DISA STIG and RMF requirements, then this is NOT the position for you!
Our client, a leader in government services and IT support, is seeking a seasoned Software Engineer adept with Splunk, DISA STIG, and RMF requirements. The selected candidate will work this six (6) month temporary-to-hire opportunity in Mechanicsburg, PA from 8am to 5pm. The candidate will implement Splunk Enterprise software across all servers and applications of the NAVSUP BSC enterprise as determined by NAVSUP BSC leadership. Implementation must follow all applicable DISA STIG and RMF requirements 100% of the time. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- The setup and configuration of Splunk search servers, Splunk deployment servers, Splunk clustered Indexers, and Splunk forwarders.
- Properly configuring the Qmulos Q-Compliance add-on for Splunk to compile and centralize all compliance documentation to meet RMF, FISMA, DISA STIG, and all other DoD/DoN compliance and audit requirements 100% of the time. Qmulos Q-compliance add-on is configured to allow accurate and reliable control auditing for RMF, FISMA, DISA STIG, and all other DoD/DoN compliance and audit requirements.
- Providing knowledge transfer events to designated Government personnel. This shall include a comprehensive mentoring program whereby contractor personnel work directly with and provide over the shoulder support to NAVSUP BSC employees to execute a transfer of knowledge addressing all aspects/tasks specified in this PWS. Clear, well-written, detailed step-by-step guide with a table of contents; free of spelling and grammatical errors, factually accurate 100% of the time. Over the shoulder support and allowing observation of work by Government resources 100% of the time.
- Providing maintenance and support services for all components of the system to ensure its operability including additional one-year increments beyond the initial or subsequent maintenance agreements for the following (The Splunk Enterprise system and add-ons shall have at least 99% operable availability within the option years’ time): Software, Additional server and application implementation, and Infrastructure.
The Splunk Engineers work will be checked to:
- Confirm implementation has been completed satisfactorily monthly by review of status reports, system tests, review of implementation documents and Government personnel feedback.
- Confirm reports, dashboards, and searches have been completed satisfactorily monthly by review of status reports, review of the dashboards/reports/searches, and Government personnel feedback.
- Confirm Q-compliance add-on has been configured satisfactorily monthly by review of status reports, system tests, implementation documents, and Government personnel feedback.
- Confirm knowledge transfer has been completed satisfactorily monthly by review of status reports, review of knowledge transfer guide and Government personnel feedback.
**This is an estimated six (6) month temporary-to-hire position in Mechanicsburg, PA that is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position. Position is subject to U.S. Government Contractor hiring eligibility requirements. No third-party vendors. Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Applicants selected must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret or Top-Secret clearance and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Please visit www.clearancejobs.com/security-clearance-faqs#19.
- 2 years of hands-on experience installing, configuring, and administering Splunk
- 7 or more years of IT experience in a technical position
- A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- Basic VMWare knowledge
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Java)
- Familiar with various distributed compute environments including client-server, VMs, AWS, GCP
- Familiarity with network based storage technologies
- IAT Level II such as GSEC, Security +CE, SSCP, and CCNA – Security
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows platforms
- Understanding of the function, operations, and management of network infrastructure components (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, etc.)
- Active DoD security clearance
- Certified Splunk Administrator/Architect preferred
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.