|Pay Rate:||$45.00 /Hour|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Materials Manager - $45 per hour - Apply TODAY!
VOLT WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS has partnered with a globally recognized manufacturer of household appliances in search for a Materials Manager in their Memphis, TN plant. This is a temporary to perm opportunity for the right candidate! The Materials Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating and administrating all activities related to receiving, supply chain and inventory management of raw material. Upon arrival, until it get to the shipping area as a finish product. Additional tasks include team building, drive to accomplish company goals, and provide empowerment skills and development. Maintain a safe and professional working environment related to staff and equipment.
- Local candidates are preferred. This is a contract position and no relocation assistance is offered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of related activities to supply in a prompt, accurate and efficient way the raw material to the manufacturing lines and shifts.
- Maintain an efficient utilization of floor space, while keeping inventory accuracy at a minimum of 98% in the warehouse.
- Provide the systems to insure security of the personal and maintain the equipment in excellent work conditions.
- Track and adjust manpower based on current production requirements.
- Establish the procedures in place to maintain the system accountability.
- Train and develop departmental team and provide direction to achieve the most efficient flow of work. Delegate’s authority as necessary to accomplish tasks.
- Establish different tools with planning to avoid material shortages.
- Implementation of Kanban system internally and with suppliers.
- Promote continuous improvement in all activities related to the warehouse.
- Budgeting all warehouse, receiving and freight forwarding activities.
- Kan-ban implementation (For Both Production and Raw Material)
- Master Planning Scheduling.
- Materials Planning and expediting
- Freight Forwarding Administration
- Education: BS Degree
- Previous Experience: 8+ years of experience and knowledge in Materials systems.
- Experience in leading a department in various material management activities. As a natural leader, the experience and ability to develop subordinates and work groups into high performing team intent on continuous improvement is required.
- Complete knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Problem solving oriented following the six sigma tools and Lean manufacturing tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Materials and Lean experience required.
- Must have a basic understanding of statistical process control techniques and data collection systems.
- Experience in the transportation, receiving, warehousing, handling and a flow of materials.
- Strong data handling skills.
- Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Strong communication skill: both verbal and written.
- Extensive supplier relationship background
- Domestic and/or International travel as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position will have regular communication with internal customers and departments, and will also be responsible for extensive written and verbal communications with outside vendors and suppliers.
Apply TODAY if you meet or exceed these qualifications!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer