Recruiter (Commercial Staffing)
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt has been a staffing industry leader for over 60 years. Volt works with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. Volt offers many direct hire and contingent/temporary employment opportunities. Volt offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as educational programs and re-deployment assistance.
The Recruiter is responsible for high-level position matching through in-depth analysis of job skills and qualifications to determine which candidates to source, interview and hire. Also responsible for making business decisions that impact profitability, increasing existing business, bringing in new clients and applicants, and keeping gross margins at highest level possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the client's business and cultural nuances, as well as define the position, its functions, challenges selling points, and viability. Uncover the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities of the ideal candidate.
- Establish expectations for the partnership with candidate.
- Actively market qualified candidates to new and existing clients. Utilize sales techniques to expand business through research, prospecting, and turning client inquiries into job requisitions.
- Assist with the design of a sourcing strategy to uncover both passive and active candidates through existing and new sources in order to maintain an effective pool of candidates. Utilize electronic process in recruiting and placement to maximize efficiency and time saving.
- Assist with the management of ad generation and job postings for new business and recruiting sources.
- Coordinate with Business Development Managers and Account Managers to ensure quality delivery to client's requisitions.
- Target the most qualified candidates and screen resumes to identify potential matches.
- Present opportunity to candidate and conduct in-depth interview to determine suitability and interest of candidate. Identify, evaluate, and summarize relevant experience, knowledge, hard and soft skills, and abilities in relation to job requirements.
- Maintain familiarity with the most effective recruiting tools appropriate to your branch to include: candidate pool, field employee availability list, database searches, internet searches, resume searches, other job boards and organizations.
- Negotiate labor rate, resolve possible candidate concerns, obtain candidate commitment for the position and set expectations.
- Submit qualified candidates and respond to client concerns.
- Facilitate the candidate/client interview, and prepare the candidate for the interview.
- Verify candidate references.
- Debrief with the candidate and client after the interview, responding to any concerns or objections.
- Extend the offer to the candidate and complete the documentation for new hire set up.
- Foster relationship with field employee during the assignment. Follow up regularly with field employee to maintain relationship and to build knowledge of needs and opportunities.
- May handle field employee related issues, such as coaching, counseling and making determinations to end employees' assignments and/or terminate their employment with Volt, as necessary.
- Make business decisions that positively impact profitability.
- Engage in positive public relations, responsiveness and service in coordination with sales staff.
- Use advanced features of databases to generate reports of current and past activity to identify business trends.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Minimum of 1 year recruiting or sourcing experience required.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in comparable field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Inquiries via LinkedIn also welcome at www.linkedin.com/in/kristinaruta/
Volt is an equal opportunity employer