Staffing - Electrical Engineer IV
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Job Posting Title: Electrical Engineer
Volt is looking for Electrical Engineer to work with our client located in Concord, NC. Our client makes glass for some of the world most useful products.
Candidate will have in-depth knowledge and complete understanding of electrical, controls and facility systems.
Candidate to be a technical resource for the electrical, controls and facility team as it relates to design, installation and operational start-up activities.
Candidate will be expected to manage construction and installation projects from start to completion; ensuring that the projects are completed in accordance with specifications.
- Electro-mechanical troubleshooting ability, proficient with electrical schematics
- Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives.
- Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
- Thorough understanding of current loops.
- Serial communication knowledge: RS232 / 485, Ethernet, IEEE-488
- Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
- Interface with all departments, as necessary, to ensure efficient use and operation of equipment.
- Redline existing drawings and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen as required to resolve design issues.
- Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineers, techs, and trades as necessary to replace defective components and execute changes in design solve equipment/process issues
- Provide inputs on industry trends, innovations, and changes that may improve process equipment and facility operations
- Ensure updated documentation exists in assigned areas
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally if required. Current position not required
- BS in Electrical Engineering - required
- Minimum 5 – 10 years experience in industry - required
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad area of assignments
- Previous consulting experience and professional license preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, comfortable working in a dynamic team environment with minimal supervision
- Must have good oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate to all levels of management
- AutoCAD® 2014, AutoCAD Electrical 2014, Windows7, MS Office suite including Power Point, Excel, Word
- PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Automated equipment systems experience
This is an estimated 12 months position in Concord, NC and is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt is a world-class leader in the staffing services marketplace. Volt provides Contingent Staffing, Contingent-to-Hire, and Managed Service Programs to a variety of companies, including the Fortune 1000. Volt supplies workforce design solutions in Engineering, Information Technology, Scientific, Technical/Professional and other disciplines.
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.