Senior Electrical Engineer /Project Manager
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Our client is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Senior Electrical Engineer/Project Manager. We believe our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart from the competition. Entrepreneurial spirit is a mindset. It's an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. It's a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement.
This is a full time/direct hire position that is in Richmond, VA.
Our client is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Our Electrical Department is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer/Project Manager. This position is in Richmond, VA.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing electrical engineering duties on assigned projects including power distribution, machine control design, instrument and control design, and programming (PLC, PC, MMI, etc.)
- Develop bids, proposals, scopes of work, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, specifications, theories of operation, programming documentation, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
- Perform field work and technical research
- Perform technical studies and calculations
- Perform programming and system commissioning
- 5+ years of heavy industrial experience
- BSEE or BSEET
- Design of electrical and control schematics
- Specify equipment/instrumentation based on a clients’ description of his idea or written scope
- Specify medium voltage equipment, such as, MCCs, power transformers, distribution panels, etc.
- Working knowledge of NEC, BOCA and other codes related to design
- Familiar with instrumentation and its applications
- Working knowledge of AC/DC Drive technology and integration
- Experience in Class 1/Division 1 settings
- Experience in electrical and instrumentation design in hazardous location/NEC Article 500
- Experience in project estimating
- PE Registration
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment
- Current working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Current working knowledge of MS Project
Our client offers a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.
Please apply to position or contact Sondeep "Sunny" Singh at (317) 685-2200 for any questions and more details regarding this position.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with its employees.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer