Java Web Developer
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
We are working with a company who is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. They have web applications and web sites that support the sales and marketing of many products around the world. They are seeking a passionate, team-oriented and self-motivated Web Developer to join their web team in building and maintaining web based content management solutions, web applications and mobile applications for both internal and external customers.
This company is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with team members, business users and external vendors.
- Design, develop and customize websites, web applications and web services.
- Adhere to web development standards and best practices.
- Generate innovative solutions to solve real business problems.
- Assist project managers in developing detailed project plans.
- Follow established change control process for production deployment.
- Report status to manager and react immediately to any potential delays.
- Improve skills in new technologies through education and professional organizations.
- Promote teamwork and volunteer to serve on ad hoc task groups from time to time.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Work Experience; minimum 5-10 years as a full stack web developer position having experience with one or more of the following:
- Java and J2ee
- Restful web services
- Bootstrap or similar responsive framework
- Understanding of underlying data structures and relationships and MVC architecture
- Experience developing real world internet and web applications
- Experience implementing and configuring Ecommerce, CRM and/or PIM applications
- Experience designing and developing integrations with Oracle ERP
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, efficient, detail oriented, able to work independently and thrive in a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Manufacturing or distribution industry
- Database systems including SQL, Oracle, Java Content Repository (JCR)
- Websphere and Apache applications
- OSGI architecture and specifications
- Web portal development (LifeRay)