Chemical Engineer - Plating
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
Capitalizing on knowledge and innovation, comprehensive resources, and technology, Volt provides top talent to the many thousands of clients across the globe. Over 60 years of unwavering focus on the issues of workforce management have gained us a reputation of being one of the most knowledgeable and accomplished strategic workforce partners in business for clients and candidates alike.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking a Chemical/Plating Engineer to work onsite at our client's facility located in Moline, IL.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the electrical/chemical process of the nickel/chrome platers.
- Tracking and recording EPA regulatory controlled aspects of plating.
- Reviewing and determining root cause of quality issues, identifying and implementing quality, safety and productivity improvement projects.
- Running of chemical analysis on varies plating tanks, chemical inventory and ordering.
- The plating engineer is responsible for proactively working with maintenance and the departmental team to diagnosis and schedule maintenance activities in the least disruptive way possible for production.
- Communicating with and working with vendors and suppliers.
- In addition to the nickel chrome plating lines there are 14 parts washers and one zinc plater that the plating engineer is also responsible for.
- Manager is looking for an individual with chemical engineering background or education.
- They would consider anyone with painting or coating background.
- At the very least he'll consider someone with decent mechanical aptitude that is not afraid to be on the factory floor and work with chemicals.
***This position is located in Moline, IL. Candidates must be able to relocate to this location at their own expense.***
Submit your resume today!
Contact Erica at 515-346-3152 for immediate consideration.
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position listed here, please be sure to go to http://jobs.volt.com to see the other positions we have available that you may qualify for.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer