Database Marketing Analyst
New York, NY
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employee Type:||Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 /Year|
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
We are currently seeking a Database Marketing Analyst. The Database Marketing Analyst will be a data scientist/Statistician who contributes to the company’s business strategy through the use of innovative analytic approaches and predictive models. This role is an integral part of the analytics team that influences decisions made within multiple internal groups
The Database Marketing Analyst will develop, implement and maintain statistical models using modeling techniques including regression and ensemble models and decision trees. This position will apply innovative analytic approaches to optimize marketing efforts and further support business decisions in a fast-paced retail environment. This person will also conduct statistical analysis using SAS, and will leverage SQL-based relational database programming to extract data for summary and analysis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop advanced statistical applications on SAS and other platforms to support the marketing efforts and business needs of internal clients, using techniques such as regression analysis, decision trees, vector machines and incremental modeling
- Develop SAS programs, using advanced SQL queries and other functions to find solutions and trends for complex marketing projects like lifetime value analyses and customer segmentation.
- Work with Circulation Directors to design statistical tests that will provide actionable results and report results of tests in a timely manner with suggested plans of action.
- Develop customer contact Plans and recommend strategies for optimization.
- Create dashboards using SAS to measure the effectiveness of mailings and other marketing campaigns
- Work in a collaborative manner with team members to gather requirements, analyze data and provide workable solutions.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in database marketing/data mining utilizing large marketing databases preferably in a data-intense retail environment.
- MA/MS or BS degree in Statistics, Data Science or related analytical field of study. Advanced degree preferred.
- Capability to execute the complete modeling process from data extraction/manipulation through model development and presentation.
- Deep understanding of advanced statistical techniques including regression,
Ensemble methods, Principle components analysis, cluster analysis, propensity models, and other modeling techniques
- Proven command of SAS, SQL, MS, Excel/PowerPoint. Experience with other BI tools a plus.
- Ability to summarize/present analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects, meeting deadlines, able to prioritize appropriately and respond to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude.
VWS AND OUR CLIENT ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS