Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Embedded Software Engineer
The embedded software team in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a firmware engineering contractor who will be responsible for the design, implementation, and debug of firmware for embedded computer platforms. Application-layer firmware development will be performed using primarily C code while working with In-Circuit emulators and command-line development tools.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
• Bachelors of Science or Masters of Science in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
• Embedded software/firmware development experience
• Excellent C programming language skills
• Creative problem solving skills and diagnostic abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work within a team development environment
In addition, the following would be beneficial:
• Experience with firmware development using an RTOS
• Experience with writing drivers and other low level code interfacing directly with hardware (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN)
• Ability to read and interpret schematics and data sheets
• Experience with the use of oscilloscopes and other hardware debugging techniques
• Experience in a Linux development environment
Volt is an equal opportunity employer